Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Learn managment from a ticket collector

Hi guys today I would like to share an experience of my daily traveling. Daily I used to travel by a local bus to reach my office. From last five months daily I used to go in the same bus. Five months back there were two person who are handling the bus.A ticket collector and his assistant I used to call ticket collector (Prem) as a manager and the other one bus cleaner (Kanhiya) as assistant manager. So guys when I started traveling in the bus then the bus was full with the passangers I daily used to struggle to went in the same bus.Initially all goes very smooth with the manager. They earn very well profit in the morning trip as it is usual time people leaves home and travel for there work.
Now after few days I found that there were dispute started between Prem and Kanhiya. Kanhiya is now having a lil bit experience as he was working from last 8 months. He now started his own strategies which Prem don't like.
One day prem decided to leave his job as he finding difficulties workin with kanhiya he talked to his boss as now boss having another employ (Kanhiya) So he let Prem to go from his job. Now kanhiya stated working with his own system. He do not use to fill the diesel in the bus at the proper time. He don't take care of the bus.

I stopped to go in this bus as my office time was changed. Again after few days my time is again changed and I stared to go office by the same bus.

After few days I found that there is less traffic in the bus. I ask the reason then the assitant manager(Kanhiya) who is now a manager replied me that these days people usually do not travelling frequently. I said yes you are right. but in few days I found that the bus was not reaching the destination at the proper time also Kanhiya was very rude with the clients(passangers).

AHHH…. I got now why I do not found the rush in the bus.

One day Kanhiya ask me to change the bus because he is leaving his job from the current bus and will work on the another bus which comes next to the current one.

I said OK.

Now I started travelling by another bus.

After few days I catch my old bus and I was shocked because there is big rush in the bus. Bus was full of passengers. I took the ticket and the ticket collector was the same person (Prem). Now daily I found the same crowd in the bus.Now the bus reaches the destination at correct time which was the main priority of many of the client who used to travel because they have to reach office at right time.


So, guys its not the traffic which makes the boss in the profit but it was the managerial skill of Prem because of whom the passenger(clients) used to travel in the his bus.
Here I got the lesson that use your right skills to handle the client provide them what they need as in the above case TIME was the first priority. Present your pleasant personality in front of the client.

Here's I learn management skill from the ticket collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment